A marketing plan is a literally a plan to market your business. The most important part of that plan is the goals and objectives it sets forth.
Why? To be successful at anything you must have an overall objective. To reach your objective you must have focus. In order to focus you must set goals. Without goals and objectives you can’t implement a plan. Without a plan you are more likely to fail. Most people don’t plan to fail, they fail to plan. Start with goals.
Goals that are big will inspire, motivate and unleash your own power. Goals that are part of the overall plan will give you vision, keep you focused and moving toward the overall objective.
Goals are specific: the more specific they are the more likely you will be to achieve it. Goals must be measurable, action oriented, realistically achievable and time focused.
Dreams become objectives when they are written down in a place you can see them regularly. Write them down and incorporate them into your plan:
What are your long-term objectives?
What is important to you?
What steps do you need to take to reach your objective? These steps become goals and part of the overall plan which leads you to reaching your objective. These goals must be met to reach your objective.
Start with the basics:
- I will put my business on the map by taking charge of my online business listing.
- I will target local consumers searching online with an optimized web page so that I will be visible when they are ready to buy.
- I will use my reputation to stand out from the crowd.
- I will increase my sales and grow my businesses.
- I will control my budget and advertising costs to achieve all my objectives.